Monday, January 4, 2010

Motivation Interchangable with MIAMI!!!!

Upon request, I am dedicating this blog to motivation. More specifically, I am dedicating this blog to my trip to Miami scheduled for this upcoming March 2010. MIAMI!!!!! I am actually pretty surprised that I have made it to the age of 26 without stepping foot in a night club in Miami or South Beach. Then again, I've been broke for approximately 26 years so.....nevermind!

Isn't it crazy how much easier it is to stay on track when we coerce ourselves by dangling some form of carrot in front of our face (or in my case a hot pink dress with 4" heels for Miami) or some form of kick in the ass (or in my case, K-Dogg punching me in the face if I don't stay on track). Either way I can't fully emphasize enough how much motivation helps. In 2007 I lost 25 pounds and I give all of the credit to this little calendar I put on the wall. By hand I tracked the weight I was losing with a sharpee on poster board against my desired weight loss trend. Now, these are the days before I new free fitday.com existed, so excuse my cave-women like plan. However, it really made me focus on what I was doing and whether enough I was making the correct choices. Now I must say, it's nice to have that poster tucked away in the internet where I don't have to have it out for the world to see.... especially since I'm reemerging into the dating world. Good luck trying to explain a giant weight loss poster board on the wall while trying to exude confidence.

So to make a REALLY LONG story a little bit shorter... I am making a list of my major motivations to lose weight so that I can look back and reflect during difficult times to come. After all, I am doing this for myself and I better keep those carrots out ahead!!!

1. Being fit
2. Being healthy
3. BIKINIS!
4. Going to North Ave Beach this summer and playing volleyball
5. Having a vertical when I play vball at North Ave
6. Being able to shop at normal people stores
7. No longer having an X in front of the Large on my shirt size (Or both xx's actually)
8. Having a healthy BMI
9. Being able to run a couple 5K's & 8K's this summer
10. The way my ass looks in a pair of tight jeans when it's fit
11. Being more comfortable
12. Having much more energy
13. Being able to look sexy in Miami on vacation!

Ok - so I normally can rattle of like 100 good ideas but for some reason I'm sorta drawing a blank. This post will have a Part II when I'm feelin it more.


Fabulous February:
One thing I'm looking forward to in February are the Bar Method Class. The Bar Method uses small controlled movements to firm up. I've only heard great reviews from friends and co-workers that have gone. See the link below for a free class! Sweet! They had a location in Lakeview and now there is one that has opened in the loop (180 N Wacker). They also have a sweet 1st timers rate of $100 for an entire month unlimited....hence February. I like making myself excited for the COLDEST month in Chicago!
http://www.chicagobarmethod.com/friend/

Also - bought an Ugli fruit today at Whole Foods...not to be confused with Ugly. But seriously, this fruit has some aesthetic issues! It is apparently a Jamaician tangelo. It looked interesting and not as intimidating as the Buddha's Hand, so I figured I'd give it a try.





Tata for now!
~Futurely Fabulous Feisty Kitty

1 comment:

  1. yea for Miami!!!!! I can't wait to go shopping for our pink dresses together :)

    keep up the good work lady!

    ReplyDelete