Wednesday, January 6, 2010

If you are what you eat, then I'm Peanut Butter

If you are what you eat, then I'm peanut butter. At least today I am. Apparently I felt the need to ruin my eating plan by snacking on some pb as I was about to leave the office... I blame it all on my breakfast which was only 160 calories (OOOOPS) instead of my normal 350 calories. Oh yeah, and I didn't have any protein or fruit in the early afternoon either. So basically I blew the morning and all without realizing it. But now, looking back on my food log in fitday I realized what happened. So from this day forward, I'm not going to be peanut butter because I'm going to be too busy being my healthy eating habits! Mmmmmm healthy eating.....

I guess the moral here is that I really need to pay attention to what I'm doing and that all of the small stuff really adds up. If I had eaten more in the morning & early afternoon I probably wouldn't have been snacky. Something so small as being too tired to think about what I was eating for breakfast really could have turned my day around. After all, I had a whole grain waffle, fresh blueberries, & walnuts with milk and tea. There is nothing wrong with that...until I realized it was too few calories and very little to no protein. Chicken sausage...how could I possibly forget you? Don't worry, it won't happen again...and I mean it!

Weigh-In Wednesdays!
We're bringing Weigh-in Wednesday back into our lives. K-Dogg recently (and by recent I mean today) showed me that fitday has added measurement to their website. You can now daily, weekly or monthly enter in your measurements to track progress. Fantastic! As much as I love excel, fitday is so much more convenient.

PROGRESS in the small things...
SO a couple exciting things have happened to me lately....well since Tuesday anyways.

Exciting Moment #1:
I've been monitoring my heart rate during my elliptical sessions to make sure my body is in fat burn mode (BURN BABY BURN). It has forced me to be more cognoscente of my heart range and motions. I only started working out again regularly two weeks ago, yet I can already tell that I have to work a lot harder to get my heart rate up than I did a week ago. YAY HEART! I'M SO PROUD OF YOU! Gettin all in shape and shit.

Exciting Moment #2:
I bought my little 2 GB ipod shuffle last January and have not changed the music on it since. However, I worked out so much in the last 2 weeks that I got sick of the songs. It amazes me that in a matter of a couple weeks I got burnt out of the music I had 12 months of opportunity to overplay. Just a small sign that made me smile since it means I'm doing better! (Oh K-Dogg....can you make a new play list and update the music on my ipod? hahahah Thanks!)


I've added Progress tracking on the side of this lovely blog to show where I am in relationship to my start stats and goal stats for weight, BMI, and size. I can't wait for the numbers to teeter the other way! I've decided that I want to make an intermediate goal to weigh 225 pounds by 3/17/09....just in time for MIAMI! That will also be the time to celebrate losing 10% of my current body mass (25 pounds). If I could keep this level of motivation for the next 3 months, it wouldn't be a problem. HOWEVER, my track record states otherwise. My biggest hump is always at that 2 month mark. Either I start getting persuaded to drink after work daily or grab a burger & sweet potato fries from Elephant & Castle at lunch.... etc. BUT NOT THIS TIME! That's where you all come in! I appreciate any comments, jabs, motivation or tips that you have to offer. :)

Now time to sleep....another part of the equation I haven't been paying enough attention to this week. (Hence why this post isn't quite so zippy)

XOXO Feisty Kitty

2 comments:

  1. You go girl!! Awesome reflections. I shall give your iPod a nice dose of Lady Gaga tonight before our super interval workout. Move it, snow! See, I knew you bought an SUV for a reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. two month mark will be easy to get over because you will be leaving in three weeks for sunny beautiful MIAMI! that will be motivation enough to keep it up.

    No more peanut butter binges!

    P.s. If you guys get more guest passes and wouldn't mind a third I would love to do a super interval work out with you ladies sometime :)

    ReplyDelete